Sunday, December 13, 2015

6 December 2015 - Good Hard Working Week!‏

Another good solid week of missionary work. The most exciting being that we could be having a baptism this Saturday. I have mentioned Tekani to yous before. He is a great boy and we have been teaching him for a while. His father George has been a great help with the work. I love teaching them because they are diligent with their commitments. We always have think of commitments that are meaningful and achievable. Sometimes as missionaries we get to general with commitments. "Oh just read the pamphlet" or "read the introduction to the Book of Mormon". These are good but they are not the best depending on the needs of the investigators and how the commitment is extended. I always love to find specific scriptures that I feel will be meaningful to them and then write down questions on a sticky note that they can think about and find the answers to as they read it. It is great to see investigators keep commitments and give great positive reports. It doesn't happen unless you have an investigator. It is rewarding to watch people grow in faith as they keep commitments that you extend.

We are slightly hesitant about the baptism coming up this weekend. Only reason being is because they don't want to feel rushed or un prepared. Best thing we can do is teach them a bear testimony that they are prepared, so they can feel the Spirit. :) I don't want them to feel pressured into doing it because I am going home... I would be just as happy if was baptized after my mission than if I was there. My ultimate goal as a Missionary is that people are for the right reasons, and understand fully what kind of a commitment they are making. It is going to be great none the less!

I don't think I will really be able to buy any souvenirs, however I don't really have a strong desire to be honest. Don't know why, I think it may simply because many of the "cool things" You can get you can also get online for cheaper at home. I will see what I can do though. I would love to share more of NZ with you guys. May not have to much stuff to take home, other than what is most important, myself, my testimony, scriptures, journals, and clothes :)

I am excited to come home. I am sure it will be a wonderful experience. I don't really look at it as ending. Maybe my purpose a bit. However though I look forwards to applying what I have learned on my mission. Set some great goals and work hard towards them! I love my mission, it has been a wonderful experience, and there is still more to come! I have one more week left to devote ALL every second of everyday of my time and attention to the Lord. I am looking forwards to doing my best!

I know that this that our Father in Heaven Loves us. So much it is difficult to describe. I am grateful for the chance that I have had share my testimony with everyone that I meet. Especially of Jesus Christ, and what he has done for us out of love. Everything our Father in Heaven has done for us, has simply been out of love. 2 Nephi 26:23-24


 Love you all!
Love,
Elder Ward

 New Zealand is so Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment