Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Letter from Elder Ward 12/22/2013

Hello Family!
It is so great to e-mail you guys! I 'm sorry for not e-mailing right when I arrived at the MTC. I just wanted to let you know that the flight was rather smooth. All the transitions, security checks and find ing all the gates went quite smooth. The only hard part was sitting on the plane for soooooooooo long. I did get a chance to talk to a few peopel about what I am doing and what our church is. One fellow reconized me as missionary, and he asked a few questions and I was able to help him gain a better understanding of our church. He had an interesting back ground. He had dual citizenship in America, and Switzerland, and he lived in Tawain, for work. It was very nice to talk to him, I was feeling quite alone being surrounded by people who where form tawian and only spoke Manderin, and people form India. They have the strangest language, and it amazes me that they can communicate by it.
Anyways right when I walked into the MTC they fed us. They do feed us very well here! The food is good, but it is also different, they have bread with cream cheese and jam every meal here. THey say that it is a "filler". I think we where part of the last group to arrive the MTC to arrive so they had allready started all the lessons and devotionals. Our days are so busy here, they plan our days down to the minute! We are so busy that it is difficult to find time to even plan for a talk that we have to give! It hasn't been easy being here at the MTC, I have lots of mixed emotions, especially with being away from home. It's not easy, and I am really trying hard to become a strong missionary that has the spirit as a companion constantly. The missionaries here are amazing as well. There a missionaries from France, Tongo, Mongolia, Austrialia, Tahiti, Papa New Guini, nad so many more places. The Tongans are probably the funniest, they laugh at everything, and are very joyous. Ok well I have so much to tell but they are telling us that we are out of time! I sent a letter yesterday so Merry Christmas. Love you so much!
-Sincerly,
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment