Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas!

so I will do my best to e-mail, it has been a bit tough lately because the library that we e-mail at has been very busy lately.

The highlight of this week was probably seeing Brother Semati at church this week  I gave him a nice big strong hand shake and smile. he is Happy to back and things are still looking great for hium and Sister Guay. At this point they are just waiting on some marriage papers to be worked out and then they can be baptized right away! It could happen practically anytime so we are excited.

We have had a new investigator join our teaching pool this week. her name is Sister Henikoia. She has contact with members for quite a while and is great friends with a wonderful family in another Ward. Sister Henikoia went online and asked for the missionaries to come visit. We received a text with her name and address on it. When we first knocked she was not home. However when we came back she opened the door before we could even knock(Oh and on the ride over there to her home we got wet as, during a sweet thunderstorm that passed by, I was laughing because it was simple so exciting!) and she asked us if we where there to answer her question. We gave her a BoM and made an appointment to visit sometime later in the week. It was a great lesson and the spirit was there. She had kept her commitment to read about BoM. so after the lesson we committed her to pray to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. We followed up a few days later and asked her if she had been keeping her commitment and she said"Yes, I have , and I fell as if it is true". She came to church that Sunday (She had all ready been once to church previously before we met her) And she stayed for all three hours. Elder Schetzel invited her to be baptized in the first lesson, we could not set a date due uncertainties in the family. That should not be an issue though, we are looking to set a Baptism date Early January!

So needless to say things are going great. It has been humbling to see Elder Schetzel ajust to the mission field. I have learned so much training him. I am certainly trying to become a more loving person as I can be a bit of a hard case, or a serious faced a lot of the time.

Thanks to everyone who sent a note to me, I really enjoyed all of them. Especially the hugs that where sent I thought that was pretty creative! I will write down all the names of those that wrote the notes and thank them in my next e-mail. 

Love you all Merry Christmas, I look forwards to the call??? oh and I still have the information for the cell phones, so I will probably call in the evening for you guys. I am not to sure of the times, but it will be on Christmas day though. If you want to get a hold of me and let me know of better contact info you could probably get in touch with the mission office and they would be more than happy to give it to me.

Take Care Merry Christmas again!

-Love Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment